What a year it must have been! I am sure you have met all your New Year's Resolutions (yet to be written) and you have become an overnight blogging-sensation by now! As the holiday season is still fresh in my mind, I thought I would refresh your memory on a few key points:
- Do NOT bake as much- I am staring in my fridge at delicious cookies, chocolates, lemon bars, fudge, and cheesecake.... sounds great, but I am afraid my teeth might fall out from cavities and I may have scurvy from the lack of fruits and vegetables.
- Say "NO" to a few things-- I love Christmas crafts, caroling, cookies, and play dates, BUT my home schooling has definitely suffered from the amount of seasonal gallivanting my family has done. Try to limit holiday endeavors to 1-2 things a week next year.
- Get Christmas cards done in NOVEMBER!! From a lost UPS order to TRYING to get a "holiday-outfit" shot, just get a montage-of-the-year card. Much easier.
- Plan out Advent activities. With the trip to Ohio and home schooling, I did not put "The Reason for the Season" into practice much this year. I really like the idea of praying for the people you get Christmas cards from each day, and daily daily Advent activities too. I'll leave future-Jules to Pinterest those ideas...
- Use the CHEAP wrapping paper on stocking stuffers. Don't forget how long it took for them to open those tubes of chapstick and silly putty....
- Chill out. Did you get to you watch your favorite It's a Wonderful Life yet? Did you actually enjoy the Christmas lights and read a book by the fire? I didn't this year... don't miss out next year!
- Friends & family don't expect perfection. Don't stress out about every little detail that no one is going to notice anyway. Be joyous and happy!
This is our self-proclaimed #1 Fan Chrissy, let's hope this doesn't turn out like Misery
Easy Rule #13221- Learn from your mistakes but don't dwell on them!