Follow by Email

Monday, February 3, 2014

February Happy List

Jules here...

Ah.... winter in New England the skiing, sledding, snowshoeing and OH DEAR LORD END PLEASE!!!! O.k. after just leaving this:



I am having a hard time coming back to this:

Snow-suit commercial for hand-me-downs
So I decided to write a "What's making me happy this week" post to help cheer me up from the inevitable February slump.

1. My Kindle. Being someone who just upgraded to a new flip phone, I love the opportunity to be in the loop with fun apps.  I also LOVE all the free books (from Amazon or my library) that I can read.  AND, you can read in the dark until it automatically turns off after 5 minutes of disuse-- which happens pretty much every night....

2. Dance parties.  We have a lot of energy in our household, and I love www.grooveshark.com. You can seriously search for any song and make your own playlists. I do everything from the Wiggles and Disney songs, to throwback dance tunes that I can get the kids to go wild to:



3. Our Fire Place. I could not survive winter up here without our fireplace insert, and this week I am especially grateful for our picnic lunches by the fire:




4.  Sherlock Have you watched this Masterpiece Mystery show? I love it. You can catch the previous season on Amazon prime (I'm not sure about Netflix).  Witty writing, engaging plots, and captivating characters--what a great way to pass the time during these blustery days....


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5


5. Sleeping children.  My return trip on the airplane was glorious---why? The boy slept the entire second flight (after a 2 hour delay on the tarmac....).  But honestly-- sleeping children look like angels and parents have a moment of peace:

My first selfie with James :)


Easy Rule #409024- Don't just count your blessings at Thanksgiving--it can help change your attitude in any season!


No comments:

Post a Comment