Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Jules Favorites- (Part 1)

Inspired by Emily's blog yesterday, I thought I would share some of my favorite things-- just like Oprah.  I know people will also be riveted by my interests too, though I am shying away from the TV & books category as Emily & I have virtually identical tastes....

Favorite Classic Movie
The Lord of the Rings trilogy tops my list of modern movies, but we were raised on movies pre-1950 growing up, so many of my favorites are not exactly popular anymore.... Journey for Margaret was made in 1942 during World War II and it is a tearjerker with a happy ending!!


Journey For Margaret





The other favorite is Sergeant York.  If you haven't seen this-- see it! Now, I am not a huge fan of war movies, but these two movies show the stories of soldiers and ordinary people during wars (not much fighting, etc.)   Very family appropriate depiction of war (I know, the realism isn't there, but honestly I don't enjoy watching people get their arms and legs blown off for the sake of reality....)

Sergeant York


Favorite Dessert(s)

I love cheesecakes, brownies, ice cream, and candy... however, if I must choose one (or two) I will have to settle on cheesecake and Crème brûlée.  I will do a shout out to my neighbor Don who makes some fantastic cheesecakes and always brings me some. My favorite one that I have made would have to be this one from allrecipes.com:

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe Link



I've decided that for future birthdays I shall only order elaborate cheesecakes and crème brûlée-- take note whoever wants to bake for me, I am going to be high-maintenance from now on...

Favorite Meal Enhancer

O.k, very specific category--- but I wanted to talk about the Avocado.  I only started eating avocado within the last year, and now I am sort of obsessed with it: salads, sandwiches, enchiladas, fajitas: ALL better with avocado.  I make a leftover-chicken, bacon, cheddar, and avocado wrap that rivals any sandwich boutique shop you've ever gone to.  So don't pass those avocados by at the grocery store, check pinterest for tips on buying, storing, and using them; they are worth it!!





Favorite Song (Right Now)

As I have three very young children, my typical music selections ranges from classical to Barney's Greatest Hits (no exaggeration...) so I rarely hear a song on the radio, and when I do it's popularity is already waning from overplay.  So, scoff if you want to-- but the children and I are addicted to:





This song makes me snort with laughter.  I like any song that I can hop around like a maniac to-- ask anyone who has been to a wedding with me-- I mortify everyone.  If you are lucky I may video tape my family enjoying this song in our kitchen.   Now that you are all dancing, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night humming along......


Easy Rule #1134  Take a moment to figure out your favorite things-- it's almost like making a "thankful" list  but more fun.

Easy Rule #1140  If you want to be a successful musician, try donning a fox mask and singing random animal sounds, it could be a hit....






No comments:

Post a Comment