Sunday, November 10, 2013

Impossibly Easy Dinners

Bisquick is a fantastic breakfast helper for pancakes, waffles, and biscuits-- quick, easy, and super-yummy.  My children love pancakes, and I probably make them 5-6 mornings a week (and sometimes they earn chocolate chips inside too!)  Bisquick does get pricey so I started making my own recipe to have it on hand, and honestly it tastes just the same:

Homemade Bisquick Recipe

When I first got married, I got the Bisquick-Brand Recipe book and I was amazed to see all the fantastic dinners, brunch, and even snacks you can do with the simple baking mix.   Every time I make the Bisquick quiche, I am asked to share the recipe.  Now, as I have studied these recipes, I have noticed a theme:

1/2 Cup bisquick
1 Cup Milk
2 eggs

Simple enough, eh? Now, the fun! I have made multiple versions of this recipe just using this base. Here are a few combinations I have done:
  • Ham, Swiss & Broccoli
  • Bacon, Cheddar, Onion, and Green Peppers
  • Shrimp, Swiss, and Green onions
  • Ground beef (or turkey), Onions, Peppers, and Cheddar
The "Impossibly Easy" pie series originated decades ago (my mother was a big fan of the lasagna recipe when we were kids), and check out the link!  Don't be afraid to be creative. As long as you have a cooked meat, cheese, and the base, it will be yummy.  Make your own Bisquick or buy some and have simple dinners on hand!


Easy Rule #388  Breakfast for dinner doesn't have to be just pancakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment