Sunday, October 18, 2015

I'm a better Mom when...

Jules here-

Sometimes, I'm a better mom when I wear sweatpants.

When I wake up in the morning and throw on yoga pants for the day-  I am willing to snuggle on the couch and read stories. I am more likely to clean my home as I don't fear bleach stains or spills.I will chase them around the playground and sit on the grass with them. I don't worry about wrinkles, stains, or tears when I wear sweatpants.
Hair salon victim, I mean customer...

Sometimes, I'm a better mom when I don't shower.

 My imperfect hair is a perfect canvas for my little hairstylists to add dozens of bows and hair clips. Their "hair salon" leaves me with seven ponytails and a few braids and they love when I model in front of a mirror.  We head bang along to the Bohemian Rhapsody with wild hair. Unshowered, unwashed, we have more fun.

Pancakes- Not just for holidays!
Sometimes, I'm a better mom when I serve breakfast for dinner.  

Instead of laboriously making a well-balanced meal, I serve pancakes and waffles drenched in syrup.  The kids love the "no vegetable" dinner and they gleefully eat crispy bacon with sticky fingers.  We discuss their school days while flipping pancakes and I have the time to enjoy dinner without the huge mess in the kitchen. 
The mess of last years moving....AAHH! So glad to be done that.

Sometimes, I'm a better mom when I leave dishes in the sink.  

Some nights we have giggly dinners with Knock Knock jokes and silly stories- instead of rushing to clean the kitchen- I let it go.  I let the mess go to enjoy the fun tangential conversation that typically end with James drooling with laughter.  I let them take dozens of toys out and we create villages, train stations, battle scenes- we enjoy the imagination and creativity without the fear of mess.

Sometimes when I am not the perfect mom, I actually am.

Easy Rule #42342- Relax a bit, drop your guard, experience ever day.

Easy Rule #324234- When you aren't a "perfect" mom- you don't often take pictures. Sorry none of the photos really make sense....


No comments:

Post a Comment