Tuesday, August 26, 2014

World Series Game 7 Cooking Contest

Jules here-

The finale of the cooking contest took place last week-- and yet I am not typing until now as I have had some crazy moving stuff going on.  We decided on a "weeknight" dish this time-- something with chicken that was 5 ingredients or less.  At first I thought this would be challenging, but just Google "5 ingredient or less Chicken" and be amazed at the hundreds of recipes that appear! All look pretty good too-- except the one that I chose. I decided to go with a breaded, rolled chicken breast stuffed with Boursin cheese and crushed nuts.  The nuts work yummy-- the cheese not so much.  Don handedly beat me with his delicious chicken legs, while the judges barely ate my disastrous dish.

I am posting Don's Award-Winning Recipe-- while omitting mine from the blog. I want to preserve our "delicious-recipes only postings"!!


Honey Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe

  • 2 pounds Chicken Drumsticks
  • 1 cup steak sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons crushed garlic cloves                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Combine all ingredients in a zip lock baggie and marinade overnight. 
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Line bottom of broiler pan with foil.
  3. Place drumsticks in foil-lined pan.
  4. Bake 45 minutes or until done (internal temp 180°F).

The children devoured the chicken legs as well as the grown ups.  If you are looking for a quick, easy, and absolutely delicious dinner-- look no farther! 

I will be posting my Top Ten Favorite Chicken Breast recipes later this week, so you all can see that I can really cook-- just not with Boursin cheese. Not recommended.

Easy Rule #67908-  It's easy to lose graciously when you are eating delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment